1. A private independent UK business that designs, assembles, distributes and services medical equipment (including clinical) for hospitals is for sale.
2. Its products are proprietary and branded and there is significant IPR. Market focus is equipment for the high-care medical sector including operating theatre hardware.
3. Some of its products are unique and it continues to develop new products.
4. Its major USP is that it uniquely supplies an integrated set of equipment and services including maintenance to the high care medical sector. This gives it a major marketing advantage in facilitating product development and achieving a high repeat element in sales. It has several other USPs including a high rate of sales conversion from quotations, several market-leading products and services, and a recession-resilient base.
5. Its unique strategy is the basis of its rapid growth to date and also why it has the potential to grow much bigger. Specifically, there are strong prospects for growth via the addition of further new products, the continued winning of market share in a market which is itself projected to grow long term, and market expansion particularly via exports.
6. The fastest growth derives from its service and maintenance business which is supplied via term contracts. It represents 25% of sales and nearly 50% of profits.
7. It operates in a niche technical market with only limited competition and a high entry barrier.
8. It has a strong management team which will remain post sale.
9. Turnover for 2012/2013 was 12M pounds with an EBITDA of 2M pounds. Growth will continue in the current year 2013/2014 with EBITDA of 2.3M. The 5 Year Plan is to become a 100M turnover business. Asking Price is 8.5M pounds
Other Business Details
Industrial Premises near motorway
two locations with a combined 44,000 squre feet
niche market with only a handful of competitors
very large both in export growth and mantenance services. New products are an additional growth area
Business Operation Details
Reason For Selling:
planned retirement of controlling shareholder